Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Do Your Civic Duty

So I took the day off to go down to my hometown and vote. I’m still registered there obviously and thought it would be a nice day to use a vacation day. So in this historic election where we will either see the first black president or the first female vice president of our country, I refer to an old Chris Rock skit, where he discusses the OJ Simpson verdict. Check out the video starting around the 1:00 mark or just watch the whole thing because Chris Rock is hilarious.



Basically, he says that when the not guilty verdict came out, black people were way too happy and white people were way too mad…and although people from all races are supporting Obama, I still think there will be a lot of the same sentiment. This election should not be about race, but trust me tonight you will hear a lot about the black vote, the male white vote and the female vote. But regardless, I hope everyone goes out to vote, regardless of who you vote for, you can’t complain four years from now unless you cast your vote today.

No comments: