Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Stupid Facebook

So I’m developing a love/hate relationship with Facebook. We all know it is super addictive, and it’s almost an insult if someone hasn’t commented on a photo of yours, written on your wall, sent a friend request or sent you a message within a 24 hour period. Idk if it’s worse not getting a FB update in your email or not getting a phone call/txt throughout the day. But it has reconnected me to some people I have lost touch with and I'm genuinely happy I have a new means to communicate with them. I get to see wedding pix, baby pix, plan trips, etc...Anyway, being familiar with FB I’m sure you’re all familiar with FB stalking. Well, it’s not really stalking, it’s just the fact that the application automatically tracks all the actions of your friends. You see the pix of your friends with people you don’t know, or you read a note on someone’s wall that seems a little too friendly. Anyway, this is all good with people I’m just friends with. The problem arises when updates come through with the women I’ve hung out with over the last few months. I’m not a jealous guy, but weird emotions come up when you see a girl you have had some sort of intimacy with in a new pic with some random dude. Now chances are the dude is just a friend cause FB blows up people’s spots and makes the FB world assume things. The same thing has happened on my end, with friends in a pic saying she can’t wait to be the future Mrs. DCD or people commenting that a female friend and I would make a good couple, so that can mess up the minds of those that are FB stalking me. Anyway, the addiction is ridiculous, it’s like intentionally trying to make yourself feel hurt or jealous, for no good reason. FB is like heroin, not that I'd know, but just the thought of not using it gives me the shakes, but it feels so good to be popular...this has got to be bad for me and society in general...

No comments: