Friday, August 8, 2008

I Got to Have It

So EB and I were talking about how couples living together can go weeks at a time without having sex and basically think nothing of it, yet singles and couples that see each other maybe 2-3 times a week really notice how long it's been since they have had sex. Singles in particular because they never really know when their next piece of ass will show up. This came up because as of today it's been 16 days since I've done the do. I'm pretty much freaking out about this as this is probably the longest draught I've been in since February. But when I was living with the Ex I could do 2 weeks without blinking. Now I can't sleep at night. Oh and let me include that I'm basically having a self imposed "Contest" with myself. For those of you that are not familiar with this term, you should be ashamed, but basically it figures out how long you can be "master of your domain." Why am I doing this? I have no idea, but honestly, after 5 days I can't sleep. I woke up at 3:30 this morning and couldn't get back to bed.

Anyway, so I'm thinking couples that live together don't think about the time between sex as much because they get in routines. You go to work, come home, eat dinner, talk about your day, maybe the guy watches a game and the girl reads, the girl does all her pre-bed practices while the guy watches more tv, the girl goes to bed and the guy follows when the game is over. Rinse and repeat. You both know you're there and if one person makes a move chances are you'll copulate, so maybe couples take it for granted. Sometimes it turns into a "we should have sex because it's a special occasion" thing or you went to a party and both people got really drunk. Actually, it's not that bad, because there is no pressure to ever make it happen. As a single, you might have one shot to close the deal and that's it...so when there hasn't even been an opportunity to get in there the mind starts to panic. So since I'm in this valley so to speak, the Contest will hopefully give me that "the longer you've been without it, the less you miss it" feeling. But for some reason I feel like there will be a lot more sleepless nights before that happens...

No comments: