Saturday, May 3, 2008

Rejuvenation

So since I left VA in August of 2000 I’ve pondered moving down to the NoVA/DC area to be around my fraternity brothers and extended friends. But tonight I realized why I could never move down there full time. See, VA is my rejuvenation. It’s the only place I can go to drink, smoke, party and bullshit and come back feeling better than ever. See, Boston is my home. My roots are here. Even though I’ve come to hate certain elements of Boston, the weather more than anything else, this is where I belong. If I moved to VA, that recharge I get while there just would not exist anymore and could not be duplicated anywhere else. Coming back to Boston would be more work and guilt than fun. Running around to see the fam and friends, people talking to me about why I left and why I should come back and most importantly missing out of family moments that mean a helluva lot to me is not something I can’t sacrifice. But I know right now, I have VA to give me that life I need when shit just isn’t what it should be. And right now, shit isn’t the way it should be for me. I’m tired, damn tired. It’s a tiredness I can’t shake either. Sleeping doesn’t cure it. Food doesn’t cure it. Friends don't cure it. Partying doesn’t cure it. But VA does. It’s been over two years since I’ve been in the other commonwealth, and it’s time to rectify that.

No comments: