Friday, March 14, 2008

Heard It All Before....

So for the umteenth time one of my female friends had "the talk" with me. This isn't the talk that says, we're just friends, trust me I never make moves to get to that point. "The talk" is them saying how they are ready to find a nice guy. A guy that does the little things. That they like to cook and clean, but they want a little something in return, like opening doors and cleaning off cars when it snows as a sign of appreciation. I used to sympathize with my friends saying "Damn right you deserve a good man." Blah blah blah...but after x amount of years hearing that, I've just gotten tired of it. Why? Because I do all that shit, and I don't ask for anything in return. I'm not saying I'm perfect, far from that...but every girl I know basically describe how I treat people, women or men, as what they want from a companion. Basic respect and courtesy seems to not exist anymore. But those that actually portray those traits get brushed aside and those that fake those traits for a few weeks and then dismiss them get recognized for being a remarkable man. Maybe because I'm single now and it just got to me...but jeez...I feel like that talk is just the run around...and tomorrow, those girls will be back with the guy they aid they would never date again..but I guess it just is what it is...

No comments: