Thursday, February 7, 2008

San Fran Days 2 & 3

So the last couple of days in San Fran have been good. Tuesday I had meetings the first half of the day. Just pretty much taking part in the whole rah rah of what sales people get into. The second half of the day, instead of going to break out meetings about stuff that has little to no bearing on my job, I came back up to my room and labored for hours trying to link up to our shared drive through the hotel's internet. It took my 3 hours to find the information I needed. Anyway, I had dinner with one of the regions that night and while the food was just okay, it was nice getting to know a lot of the reps. Good folks all around. After which, I met up with another region at another bar for a drink, which lead to joining up with yet another region and some home office people at this place called the Starlight Lounge, which sounds like a strip club imo. Anyway, I get there, get handed a drink and chat it up with some peeps while a decent 70's funk cover band plays...then it goes a little nuts...the band takes a break and hip hop comes on. Mass exodus to the dance floor. Now, I'm not one of pointing out the demographics of people, but let's say this, I'm almost 30, and I was either the youngest or second youngest person there. Also, I was the only minority there, and I don't mean only black person, I mean the only minority, no Latinos, no Asians, nada...which is fine, I'm used to that situation, especially in business. Anyway, I get pulled out there and I'm blown away. Idk what it is about 35+ white folks and being away from home, but these folks get loose. Peeps getting freaky in the club, literally flopping all over the place, grabbing things on other people...now it's the actions that were shocking, I see this all the time, but it's the fact that it was with coworkers out in the open that blows me away. So I got sick of this lack of coordination and broke out a few moves, and then stepped back, just to show these peeps what it's really all about. Mistake. After that, every chick in my company that was there was attempting to get me to dance with her...now we have some hot reps, but I my plan was to stay in control. I'm not going to be the subject of water cooler chatter the next day...so at 12:30 I had enough and stepped back to the hotel. Fun night, but sales peoples are wild...

Yesterday I started off the day with Eggs Benedict for room service, not the best I've had, but good nonetheless and headed down for our new CRM training session. That was 4 hours of my life wasted. Nothing else to say about that. Busted back to my room, did some quick work and headed out to Grand Prix racing. That shit is fun. These little carts reach speeds of 40-50mph and you're just flying around the track. It was all good time until this "track general" waved a yellow flag in front of me. According to the instructional video was saw prior to driving, yellow means slow down. Which I did, but the guy just stands in my way. Which lead me to driving over his foot. He yells and says "USE YOUR BRAKE!" Which I reply, "I'm not trying to fuck with you dude, what are you trying to tell me?!?!" See, a red flag is the universal flag for stop, not yellow. So why on Earth would I come to a complete stop without the red flag being out. So he decided to just put the flag over my face so I couldn't see. Thanks jackass...because you're color blind and can't tell yellow from red I look like a buffoon. Whatever, no worries...after the race we came back, I was sore from head to toe, that shit is a serious work out. I was totally dehydrated and my arms were jelly. So the rest of the day I chilled in the room. I fell asleep and work up to my phone vibrating. It's E Moneybags saying he's in my hotel and we're having dinner 45 mins early, which meant we were having dinner in 15 mins...I hopped up threw on some jeans which I love about San Fran, no place is too good not to allow jeans, and go down to the lobby. I see E Moneybags and L Boogie and yell out "FAMILY" inside a crowded lobby...but I was really happy to see them.

Dinner was great we caught up on our lives, the lives of friends, cracked jokes, ate a great meal at Scala's Bistro, which I highly recommend. Then they chilled up in my room for a few before taking back off to Fremont. Checked my phone after they left and office wife so to speak, I'll explain the office wife/husband in a future post, had texted me she was going to bed, and I didn't feel like going out either, so I called it a night...good times thus far in San Fran...tonight is the big award dinner though, i fear for my life...

2 comments:

NYCPonderings Chick said...

35+ white people dancing freaky in a club sounds like a good ol time to me!

DCD said...

Good time...yes...dangerous time most definitely...