Monday, February 11, 2008

San Fran Day 4 and a San Diego Weekend...

The last day in San Fran was pretty sweet. I didn’t leave my hotel room until 6:30pm, by choice…I just figured I had work to do, so I’d stay in my room, knock out some work, field phone calls and help out my reps with any last minute data before their meetings. Seriously, that was my Thursday, how uneventful…. But then it was about time for the awards dinner, so I threw on my suit, decided it was going to be a Sean John Unforgivable evening and headed out. The first part of the night was pretty normal. Ate a decent meal, applauded all the people that won trips to a tremendous location, and talked shop with those at my table. Then the night was opened up to the full blown drinking and dancing. Some how my reputation after one night had already preceded me and people tried to get me out on the floor asap. I was in control for about 45min when someone decides it’s time to do shots…sambuka is the devil…literally, my mind is a blank slate after that, with minor shots of color in between. For example, I don’t know how we ended back at the Starlight there was a receipt in pocket from there. I vaguely remember telling my boss I thought she was hot. Who knows if anything else was said, but I figured it couldn’t have been too bad, I woke up in the morning, in my own bed, with my boxers on. And amazingly I was able to pack my suitcase prior to passing out.

I popped up at around 7am and had to get my hustle on to catch a cab for the next leg of my trip to San Diego. After the 2 and a half hour delay, I leave for SD and an hour later I’m in the sun man, it’s like 72 degrees and phenomenal. Just another reason why I don't don't why I’m still in Boston, gloom for 8 months a year versus sun 11 months a year. Anyway, we drop off my things and head out to a bar on the beach. I start my evening with hefeweizen and a beautiful sunset. We hit another bar for awhile, and then it’s off to this place called Johnny Devine’s for dancing…good times had there until 2am, when it’s impossible to catch a cab in San Diego. We end up walking around, running into some guy that claimed he played for the Chargers and then getting burritos. Finally a cab is available and it’s time to go back home. Then we start up Saturday for an international rugby tournament. I have never seen so many fun and crazy people. Especially the dudes from New Zealand and Kenya, they spoke to every cute girl, and jumped into every picture taken that day. After hours in the sun at Petco Park, we continued the night at this joint called Maloney’s in downtown. After about 4 hours there, we all decided it was time to get back to the coast. We got home, I passed out and woke up around 6:45am to catch my flight back to Boston.

The Lady picked me up, and was obviously displeased with me that I went to San Diego to hang out with a female friend. What she doesn’t get is that nothing has or will ever happen with this friend, and we spent basically every waking and sleeping minute with someone else around us too. But what can I do, I was able to take advantage of a free trip to San Fran and extend it out to see a good friend, who wouldn’t do that? I'm wearing about 4 hats with the Lady now, ex-bf, bf, friend, roommate, it's all f'ed up, and it's like every time I choose a hat to wear it's the wrong one. Sorta like our relationship in the first place. Anyway, I’m still tired on west coast time, but I’ll be back in the swing of things sooner than later…

No comments: