Thursday, February 21, 2008

Oooo..Ahhhh...Eeeee..Exercise...

So I've been slacking, so I apologize to my three readers...anywho...for the last 6+ months I've been trying to convince myself to join a gym, but I just can't do it. I hate commitment of almost any kind (I got chewed out on Saturday night because I didn't respond to an Evite) so the idea of pledging $70+ a month for something I may not use regularly bothers me. It's not that I'm lazy, but 1) I'm not a morning person, I can't get up at 5:30am to go to the gym before work. 2) I have classes until 10pm two nights a week, no way I'm going to the gym at 10:30pm. 3) I need structure in a venture such as the gym. If I don't go everyday at a certain time it just won't happen. It's like if I do something out of order in my morning preparation, if I don't use a q-tip at a certain time, then I'll forget to put on my watch, which will lead to me not wearing cologne, which will lead to forgetting my company badge, etc...Right now, I'm so disparate to start working out, I'm looking for a new apartment in complexes that already have fitness centers in them, so 1) the fee is built into my rent and 2) I'm forced to walk by it everyday, twice a day at a minimum.

Anyway the other night I was walking to class, and it was a fairly mild night for the middle of February. It was probably about 40 degrees, and there were an abnormal about of people running that night. I guess all these running groups are just getting started so people can be in shape for Spring/Summer. Basically it seems like something where you run in a pack of people so that you're motivated/guilted into staying active. I'm not sure if there is a specific skill level to each group or what, but there were at least four of these groups running that night plus an assortment of singles and duos running. So then it hit me, the one thing that could seriously motivate me to exercise and specifically run, the female ass. If I joined one of these groups and just ran behind a girl that has a nice saddle I would never stop following her. Not trying to be a perv here, but honestly, some people run to get in shape, others to it to release stress, some do it because they like the outdoors, I like nice derrières so why shouldn't that help me get in better shape and achieve good health? This is like during a weakness into a strength...hmmmm...I'm actually starting to buy into my own lunacy...

No comments: