Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Just a Bad Night...

So last Thursday I found out one of my good friends has cancer on one of his kidneys. It hasn't spread to the rest of his body according to the most recent tests and he has to undergo a few more tests this week to make it 100% certain it hasn't spread to any other part of his body. He won't have to have radiation or chemotherapy but he will have to have the kidney totally removed. Although it seems as if his prognosis is positive I'm still highly concerned and worried. So here's why I'm posting on this. I spoke to my friend tonight, and I was visible upset after the conversation. This guy is a great guy and it just seems like he can never get a break, after getting passed one major problem another one comes up. I'm not talking about junk like his pipes froze or his transmission failed, I mean shot like getting laid off, losing his house, having his marriage fall apart twice, custody battles, etc...So after the call I tried to talk to the Lady about it and she just ignored me and went to the bedroom to read. Seriously, for someone that texted me on Saturday night at 2am that she loves me, even after our break up and her impending move out shouldn't she at least stuck around for a minute to listen to my thoughts on the subject? Just seems really uncaring imo...

No comments: