Sunday, January 27, 2008

Get Your Ass Off Your Shoulders...

You know, typically I’m not the type of person that gets angry at people for having any sort of opinions. I mean, I have argued that I can understand how Germans could have been misled by Hitler to follow him, regardless of how wrong his message was. And this is coming from a black man that was in a Jewish fraternity. But you know what, I’m sick of all this Patriot bashing. I have tried to avoid being one of those insufferable Patriots fans that everyone seems to hate, but screw it…fuck you! People only hate this team because they wish it was their own. 31 other teams in the league wish they had a guy like Tom Brady sitting in the back ground when their starter went down to take over and lead their team to glory. 31 other teams wish they had a coach like Bill Belichick, regardless how you feel about Spygate leading their team. 31 other teams in the league wish they were going to their 6th SuperBowl, actually that should be 30, since the Cowboys have been to more. 29 other teams wish they were in a position to win their 4th SuperBowl Championship. America is an f’ed up county where success brings hate. Every time I open my blog roll to the Fanhouse, Deadspin, KSK, or several other blogs I love there is a new article on some reason to hate the Pats. Actually most of the time, I find the commentary amusing, but I rarely find a counterpoint, which is why I write tonight. When a co-worker gets promoted over you, are you happy for them or envious of their success…my guess is the latter. When someone has a baby, instead of celebrating the miracle of birth, you probably curse the baby for your erectile dysfunction. Regardless of my team affiliation, I’ve always respected a team that had all the tools. It could have been Montana, Craig and Rice, the Dallas Triplets, Elway and TD, even Peyton last year, the bottom line is they are all great players that did great things. Yet no one wants to acknowledge a team that had won it all with subpar players and now that they have ALL the tools and can make history, still people want to discredit them even more…and that’s why I say fuck you. If you have a love for the game, then you realize what’s happening here….something that you, your children and probably your children’s children will never have an opportunity to experience again…19-0…in this day and age…and you’re going to root against it just because it’s not your team. If you’re a Giants, Colts, Steelers, Chargers or Jets fan…I can still respect your dislike of the team because there is a rivalry their. But anyone else, lick m’sack because it’s all just jealousy and blind hate. But that’s fine, because the fact of the matter is, you will never be able to experience the side of the coin I’m on as a true Patriots fan. Someone that was there in the Dick MacPherson days, and I was 13 years old then so there’s no bullshit about not growing up with the team, that's when I was first brought to Foxboro Stadium. If this happens again, I will recognize what’s going on, and how special it is…and be happy to see such a momentous event take place again, and be thankful I was able to see it. And why, because I'm a football fan first...and a Patriots fan second...

2 comments:

Eric said...

Ummm....just off the top of my head, Pittsburgh has been to six superbowls (5-1) and so has Denver (2-4).

DCD said...

For a drunken post, if I only got one fact wrong I'll take it...remember I'm a blogger not a journalist...