Monday, November 19, 2007

The Weekend Went...


Ah, another Monday, how the weekend comes and goes so quickly. So here's a little recap. Friday night, I chilled in and watched Transformers, the Michael Bay version. Not bad at all. It was fun seeing certain tie ins with the original series. Like how Bumblebee was actually sitting next to a yellow VW bug when he was first introduced, and how Prime was able to generate an axe made of energy from his arm as he was able to in the first episode of the original series. I was a little angry that Jazz, clearly a black character was killed off. This better mean Soundwave and/or Blaster will be in the second movie. I was also disappointed that Ironhide wasn’t a redneck. That was part of his charm in the cartoon. He was like an old southern grandfather, but not racist. Prime is still clearly the man. I really can't think of another cartoon character that all other cartoon characters should bow down to other than Optimus. Megatron as anything other than a hand gun just doesn't do it for me. I mean these robots have ridiculous weapons and in the movie actually kill humans, so you're telling me the idea of Megatron transforming into a gun sends the message of violence that's stronger than what's already in the script? I also wish they were able to use the original voices of Megatron and Starscream. I'm assuming Starscream will play a much bigger role in the second movie based on the open ending of the first, and that Galvatron will most likely be created from Megatron. Frenzy and Devastator were probably my fav Decepticons in the movie. Frenzy because he reminded me of the Krimzek character from the original series and Devastator because he just looked badass in his vehicle mode. Other than Prime, Bumblebee was cool, but seriously, he was a puss in series, now he's a pimp and basically hooks up Sam with the hotness Megan Fox. Kind of weird. Anyway, being the geek I am, I started searching the web for leaks on the second movie. My guesstimation is that the series will run similar to the original Star Wars trilogy, where good wins in the first, evil triumphs in the second and good eliminates evil in the third.

Saturday I got a haircut, and met up with my dad to go to a Lexus driving event. You get to go to a closed course and test drive all the models. We've done this with Mercedes-Benz and GM in the past. I have to say, I'm not in love with Lexus. Their low end models are just too small. The RX SUV is far from an acceptable SUV. The GS and LS were pretty nice, but if you're going to spend that kind of money on a car, just get a Benz, Acura or Infiniti instead.

Later that night I went to see Dane Cook. I don't care if people are turning against him and his comedy styling and those damn MLB commercials, the man is funny. His movies might suck, but his stand up is great. It's been awhile since I laughed for 90mins straight at a comedy show. Sunday I went to buy new jeans, I have a new obsession with nice jeans. Like jeans that cost over $150. The washes just look awesome. But I can't find a pair that fit me right. Most notably, I'm all into the Seven for all Mankind brand. But no matter what pair I try, I end up with a moose knuckle, and thee is nothing pretty about that. I will find a pair that fits damn it! Then I bought a new phone on-line. I needed to upgrade badly since my current phone still has the old red Sprint logo on it. I hate Sprint phones in general, but their plans are just so much better than the rest of the major carries, that I just deal with not having the options in handsets like Verizon customers.


Hopefully being Thanksgiving week it'll be slow in the office. If so, that means more from the dome of DCD.

No comments: