Monday, October 8, 2007

Keeping the Worlds Separate...

So I'm sure everyone knows about the worlds theory made famous on Seinfeld, and if you don't you have a problem...but basically it stresses that men have to keep their relationship world separate from their fun world so to speak. Men need to have a safe haven from where they can get way from the BS that takes place with your wife, gf or whatever. Lucky for me, I have several worlds I can retreat to...even though I simply don't have the time to make those rounds like I used too. Anyway, my lady had a friend in town this weekend and obviously they were going to go out and have fun and be silly, which was golden to me, because I was going to have a chance to break out on my own and have some much needed stress release. So, as I'm headed out the door, the gf says, "call us when you know where you are going..." I'm like, whaaaa...you've got to be kidding me...how dare you infringe on my space...we already live together, isn't that enough? So whatever, I bust out...and even in good faith, I text her saying the bar I'm at...she returns with "Should we come?" I reply, "it's a 45min wait." Which was accurate, normally there isn't a ridiculous wait for this place, but there was a private party going on in one of the rooms, so half the dancing area was blocked off, but I also figured that would be a nice way of saying, no don't come. So I leave the phone alone from that point on...I stay at my buddy's place that night so I can just hop on the expressway to go to the Pats game...I eventually check my text messages and there is one from the lady saying "thanks." Not knowing what she is talking about, I reply "Huh?" Which prompts a "you couldn't tell where it was?" Now I hadn't noticed another text from her asking where the place was, but that's neither here nor there...the bottom line is you should have made moves on your own and let me enjoy MY night out....but anyway, now she's mad at me...I got home last night, her car was gone...and no communication since Sunday afternoon...I'll deal...but like I said, it's crazy that she's mad because I wanted to have some fun with my people...not her and her friend, cause from the jump I told her that I would not be hanging out with her and her friend that weekend. That's how I roll...I take a lot of backlash for no good reason at times, but when the foot comes down, and I want things a certain way...there is no changing that...I run the Show....

No comments: