Monday, October 29, 2007

Huzzah Red Sox....

So today is a good day. The Boston Red Sox are World Champions for the 2nd time in 4 years...not too shabby. I stayed up late, enjoyed some decent baseball, I wouldn't call it good because the Rockies just didn't show up. I don't say this out of arrogance, but a team that finishes the season and the NL side of the playoffs like they did, and then gets swept just wasn't mentally there....or maybe they just caught all the breaks they really needed for a month and a half, and basically against all odds ended up representing the NL...regardless, I like the Rockies, I like their young talent, and I really hope they can stay a dominant team in the NL for a few years. Funny thing about last night, and how I realized I'm old, back in 2004, I was one of those goofs you saw on TV running around Kenmore Square, dodging traffic, well most cars couldn't move, but high fiving random people in their vehicles, yelling, being happy...but last night I just preferred to be at home, and watch the madness. The thought of getting home after 2am on a Sunday night disgusted me. Very sad indeed...but it's all good...time to start thinking about '08....oh, and btw: A-Rod and Scott Boras disgust me...who thinks they are important enough to make a decision during the World Series and to avoid breaking MLB rules on press conferences during the World Series, Boras sent a text to break the news...what a jerk...please God, even though A-Rod is the best player in the game, and potentially the best player ever...just let the Sox resign Mike Lowell who loves this city and the city loves him...

No comments: