Monday, September 10, 2007

Rebirth into the World of Blogging

So I've been tooling around with the idea of starting a new blog...yes I say new because at one point a few friends and I wrote a blog pretty much based around the 2004 presidential election...you may say, how entertaining, your readership must have been huge...well, we did have readers, and it was quite a fun blog, but even for a blog based on politics it became too political for me. No matter how non judgmental we tried to keep the blog, politics just always seems personal. So I stopped posting, stopped replying and eventually the other contributors let the blog die. So now we're in the circle of life, from what dies begets life or something to that effect. Do I really have anything important to say, no not really...am I funny, at times...do I go through real shit, most definitely. Do I need an outlet, bingo...so now I can bitch, moan, celebrate, whatever and if people want to listen that's great...if not, who cares, the monkey is off my back...

So being inspired by some of my fav bloggers, simply because they are basic ramblings and stories about what is going on with those people lately, I have decided to begin posting under the title Scotch on the Rocks, which I'm sure several other people have used as a title before and are using now. Originally, the title was going to be the Harlem Stomp, which will get explained at a later date. But the main reason it wouldn't work is because I'm not from Harlem or any part of New York for that matter. Anyway, the scotch thing simply works better because I like scotch, heck I thoroughly enjoy scotch and people that drink scotch have a different personality about them. One way or another scotch is involved in all my social activities, any event I'm at, before the night is over, you'll see me with a glass of scotch. Plus I like the "Rocks" part of the title...sorta like life, always on the rocks...perhaps that was cheesy, so be it, it is what it is...and so begins this challenge of writing something of value every other day...

No comments: