Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Intrigue of Blogging

So why do we read blogs? I mean seriously, who cares about what I have to say or what hundreds of thousands of other people have on their mind? Well, I've come to the conclusion that it's one of two things: 1) We're hoping to find someone that is more shit out of luck that we are so we can feel better about ourselves. Which I think is pretty legit. There is nothing like reading about someone f'ing up, not getting hurt or having anything severe happen to him or her of course, but there is enjoyment to finding out other people mess up too, usually worse than the reader. 2) We're simply sick of our own lives and need something to latch on to that's different from our day to day routine. I don't about you, but I spend the majority of my days in a cube looking at spreadsheets, and then a few times a week, I go to a class room where I get to get to sit for another 3 hours in almost total silence as I listen to a lecture. I'm sure at least 50% of people out there are doing something a lot more interesting than that at any given moment. The ability to see the world through the eyes of a gambler, a financial whiz, a hot chick from Jersey or just Joe Average who's not as average as he may think is an invigorating thing.

No comments: